Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

144 - gimp week

Hello all. I'm trying something new for this week. Lately I have been editing a lot of photos using Gimp which is basically a free equivalent of photoshop. It wasn't super easy to start using, but after playing around with it for months, things are going more smoothly. I didn't want to be one of those people who was always editing photos. In fact, I even refused to crop photos until I got to my seventy-first photo. But now I am starting to learn to use edits as more of an extension to the camera. I still strive to get exactly the photo I see with my eye, but sometimes I like to edit the photos in ways that are totally not possible to do with a camera alone.

So for this week (and possibly times in the future as well) I present to you all photos that have been edited in ways in which I prefer the result over the original photo.

For today, I present to you a better version of the tulip from last month.


This is how bright these tulips actually looked. However, they were located in a sort of median, and so, with cars on all sides of me, I ended up being careless and not paying attention to the fact that I was over exposing my photos. But alas, Gimp saves the day, and returns my photo to what I had envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment